SUPPORT SA TALENT™
SUPPORT SA TALENT™ was spearheaded by PROTOUCH™ to recognise local talent and create a platform upon which, to build athlete funding opportunities.
The SUPPORT SA TALENT™ Project includes: our National Road Cycling Series – which tracks and ranks over 1 000 athletes, across 30 road cycling events annually; a Foundation – in partnership with Phil Liggett – to further enable SA athletes onto the World Stage; and, our Marketplace – where consumers can access preferentially-priced products and participate in Auctions.
- OUR NATIONAL ROAD CYCLING SERIES and data rankings project recognises and awards local talent [across 14 categories] at our Awards Event, hosted by Phil Liggett. More than R200 000, has been distributed to athletes and teams that won in 2018 and 2019. During 2020, we commenced also with recognizing SA Athletes, with notable achievements on the World Stage. Leaderboards are published regularly to create awareness and build recognition of these achievements. A virtual e-racing category is currently being developed in order to continue this recognition, as a result of the Covid-19 halt on events.
- THE PHIL LIGGETT FOUNDATION – together with our Patron, Phil Liggett – the global voice of cycling – we formed a Foundation to further enable SA Athletes. The intent is to kickstart this Foundation during 2020, by building upon the impact projects already underway – Fund Your Passion Crowdfunding activities and new Athlete Affinity Card, Marketplace and, our events. The funds raised will be made available – as part of an Athlete Rewards Programme – to South African Road Cyclists and their Teams, participating in UCI events and, those selected to represent South Africa at the Road Cycling World Championships, Continental Championships and the African Games.
OUR MARKETPLACE is where Fans can access preferentially-priced products and services, from Great Brands that #SupportSATalent, Fans can also participate in Auctions – for athlete-signed memorabilia and photographs, as well access experiential events with Athletes and, Teams.
FUND YOUR PASSION™
FUND YOUR PASSION™ FAN ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM was created to enable Athletes to engage with their Fans – build their profiles, tell their stories and access funding. The Platform includes: a Crowdfunding capability for Athletes, Teams and Events – where Fans can make donations and purchase pre-paid vouchers; a Digital Content Platform – delivering Athlete stories (first person story telling, live videos and much more) – and, a soon-to-be launched Athlete Affinity Card – that leverages cash back rebates from 10 000 stores, while helping to support Athletes. This has recently been extended to include Artists as part of a collaborative campaign.
- FUND YOUR PASSION™ CROWDFUNDING & CONTENT DELIVERY PLATFORM – Fans can make donations using this platform; soon, we will be introducing a LIVE digital plug in to present raw storytelling and , provide unique insights into South African Athletes lives, their thoughts, hopes, dreams and fears – so Fans can engage even more.
- FUND YOUR PASSION™ ATHLETE AFFINITY CARD leveraging rebates from over 10 000 everyday shopping retailers [such as Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Woolworths, Clicks and Dis-Chem]. The Card – which is planned to be released in July 2020 – offers Fans the ability to earn annual cash back to fund their passions, while helping to support South African Athletes. Fans will be able to use their cash back to fund race entries, access preferentially-priced products and services in our Marketplace, as well as donate their cash back to the Phil Liggett Foundation to further Support SA Talent.
INVEST IN THE DREAM
IMPACT INVESTING FOR ATHLETES provides Investors the opportunity to invest and, maximise their tax allowance under Section 12J of the Income Tax Act. By leveraging the South African National Treasury-approved Section 12J Investment Channel, Investors can access an Impact Fund for Athletes asset class and deduct 100% of the investment from their total income, in the year that the investment is made. Investors benefit from both the tax deduction and, a return on their full investment.
- Understanding that the traditional sponsorship model to fund athletes and teams, has become increasingly difficult to sustain, ProTouch looked to other industry sectors to identify other forms of capital funding. After 12 months of sourcing and planning, ProTouch announced its #InvestInTheDream Campaign at the beginning of the 2020 financial year.
- Investors [passionate about high performance sport, such as road cycling] are invited to invest in the further development of the ProTouch platform to enable athletes – containing the brand and the associated projects detailed in this document. The intent is to first commence with Road Cycling and extend this to include other sporting codes as well as potentially the Arts and Culture categories.
GET IN TOUCH with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE SERVICES
Having our own Athletes, means that we understand the needs of professional athletes when it comes to providing travel (including visas) and logistic services to athletes; financial services and insurance (including travel insurance for professional athletes); brand endorsement opportunities; and, athlete start-up business advice and mentoring – allowing effective management throughout sporting careers and, for the period that follows retirement from the sport.
- TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS – we currently manage 11 athletes and 4 support staff and, are able to assist with a full booking service of travel (locally and internationally) including sporting equipment, the administration related to international visas;
- TRAVEL AND SPORTS-RELATED MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICES INSURANCE – through partnerships with international insurance companies and underwriters, we have the ability to facilitate this for professional athletes and support staff;
- SPORTS PHYSICIANS AND ATHLETE HEALTHCARE SERVICES – we can provide access to a network of sports physicians and multi disciplinary healthcare services;
- BRAND ENDORSEMENTS – we are constantly looking for new brand endorsement opportunities for Athletes;
- MENTORING AND BUSINESS ADVICE – we provide Athletes start-up business advice and ongoing mentoring, the objective being to assist in developing opportunities beyond their sports careers.
GET IN TOUCH with us at email@example.com